About a two hour train ride away from Sydney there is this little town named Katoomba which is home to the Blue Mountains of Australia. It's kind of similar to the Grand Canyon, just with lots of vegetation (granted I've never been to the grand canyon but I can imagine, right?). The evening we arrived it was clear and beautiful, we went on quite a long hike and got to see a lot of the scenery. The next morning we went on a venicular (kind of like a gondola) between the two of the mountains over the valley. It was a bit hard to see because it was cloudy and rainy. We could still see a huge waterfall that dropped from the top of a mountain off a cliff down into the bottom of the valley. Then we took a railway down into the valley, it was extremely steep. There were times when I was standing up on the seat in front of me with my head to the back of the car--that might not make much sense but the bottom line is it was steep! The railway was originally used for the mine that is down there in the valley so we got to walk around and see the different places in the mine.
I read all your posts, i just didn't comment on each individual one. Looks like you are getting to see so many neat places. Everything is beautiful! I worked with a girl once who had a New Zealand accent-it was the best!
ReplyDelete