There are still a few things from New Zealand that I haven't posted about because I don't have the pictures yet but I will when I do (bungee jumping, black water rafting, and just auckland in general). Just some fun things about being in New Zealand:
Things New Zealanders say:
*** as (Sweet as, cool as, etc. just as kind of an interjection about someting being cool or awesome)
Social Bunnies (rather than social butterflies)
Mum
Motorway
Car Park
Ring someone (instead of call someone)
Trolley (as a shopping cart)
No worries mate
Nappies (diapers)
Showering (instead of raining)
Straightaway (right away)
Thats the one
Good on ya
Capsicum (or green peppers)
Eh!
Things New Zealand has but US mostly doesnt (that I know of):
Vacant/occupied signs on stalls
Lady Janes Ice Cream (AMAZING)
Hostels
Peanut butter that tastes like peanuts...rather than the sugary thickness we call peanut butter
Alien sounding crosswalks
Hokey Pockey (a candy bar that is also a popular ice cream flavor)
Things US has but New Zealand Doesn't:
Ranch (except at subway)
Lemonade (or any soft drink besides coke, fanta, or sprite)
I'm sure there's lots more these are just the ones that I thought of. I absolutely loved New Zealand and everything it had to offer us. So sad to go but also excited to be in Australia. Can't believe the last leg of our journey is about to begin.
No comments:
Post a Comment