Sunday, May 10, 2015

Autumn in May - New Zealand!

First day in New Zealand and I am loving it. I thought that I wouldn't love it as much as Fiji, but I've realized that it's just a very different kind of beauty. It's been so fun to just jump in to Fall right in the middle of May. Today we just went to church which was so fun because it was like being home again. I haven't been homesick at all until today in church where it was so familiar with home and it being Mothers Day and everything, I got a little bit homesick. Other than that it has been great. After church we got to explore Rotorua. Rotorua is a geothermal hotspot of some kind. So basically there's just boiling water and steam coming out of the ground. We went through a park that was all different colors of leaves and there was just steam coming up everywhere. Then we just kept walking to this lake and on the way we found a Maori Temple. Maori are the tribal indigenous people in New Zealand. After exploring the churches and temples we walked along the lake front and went through another park. I felt like I took pictures constantly but I don't have as many as I expected. Also, they're on my phone so I'll post them another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment